At IMGS We Offer a Wide Range of On-Site, Hosted & Virtual Training Courses
Our training programmes on offer range from pre-configured courses that have been carefully designed, to custom courses which we tailor specifically for your organisation.
All of our highly skilled trainers have been certified by our partners to ensure you receive highest quality of training.
FME Training Courses
FME Desktop Standard (Beginner) Training
Learn from the experts on how to use the essential components and capabilities in our FME Desktop courses, which include extensive hands-on, problem-solving exercises.
- Build complex translations using FME Workbench
- View and inspect data using the FME Viewer
- Apply best practices to large workspaces
- Manipulate data geometry and attributes with transformers
- Work with multiple datasets in a single workspace
- Create low-maintenance, reusable workspaces
FME Desktop Advanced Training
This training course is intended for persons with some prior experience of using FME. The content assumes a basic familiarity with the concepts and practices of FME Desktop; at least to the extent covered by the FME Desktop Basic Training.
This training course builds upon the basic framework of workspace creation in FME Desktop. The course covers topics that are commonly used by all workspace authors who wish to take their FME skills to the next level.
The course consists of five main sections:
- Advanced Parameter Use
- Performance Considerations
- Custom Transformers
- Advanced Reading and Writing
- Advanced Attribute Handling
- Use advanced parameters
- Improve FME Desktop performance
- Create custom transformers
- Optimise reading and writing for increased flexibility
- Apply advanced attribute handling
FME Server Training
FME Server administration involves managing important tasks like optimisation, security and installation. Learn what administration options are available in FME Server and how to modify them to design the most effective deployment for your needs. You’ll learn how to monitor the health of FME Server and its components, plus how to troubleshoot problems.
The course is made up to seven main sections:
- Planning an FME Server Installation
- FME Server Connectivity
- FME Server Security
- Migration and Upgrades
- Scalability and Performance
- FME Server Customisation
- Plan for Fault Tolerance and Scalability
- Optimise FME Server performance.
- Enhance FME Server security
- Monitor system health
- Debug and troubleshoot problems
FME & ArcGIS Online
FME integrates seamlessly with the ESRI ArcGIS suite and this course will cover how you can set up FME to work with ESRI and automate tasks. It will cover traditional data formats and using ArcGIS Pro with FME to enable access, as well as how you use the next generation of GIS platforms like ArcGIS Online or Portal Feature services including attachments within FME.
FME & Rest API
The FME Server REST API training is a new course that teaches FME users how to master the FME Server REST API.
Interacting with the FME Server REST API (Part 1):
- Getting started with the REST API
- Using an HTTP Caller to make calls to the FME Server
- Interacting with Workspaces
- Web Services and the REST API
- Complex Queries in Postman
- Server Administration Tasks
- Job Routing
Developing with the FME Server REST API (Part 2):
- Best Practices when Building a Web Application
- Creating a Dynamically Populated Form
- Data Distribution Using ArcGIS Maps
- Data Visualisation using ArcGIS
- Data Uploads and Downloads
- Understand REST architecture and how to create calls
- Integrate the FME Server REST API into a workspace
- Utilise the FME Server REST API calls to complete Server Administration Tasks
- Learn how to properly use the FME Server JaveScript API
- Build web applications to view or process data
This course is designed for users who have experience using FME. It is recommended that users be familiar with the content covered in the FME Desktop Basic and FME Server Authoring courses. No previous coding experience or experience with APIs is required for this course.
Additional Training Courses:
- FME & Survey 123
- FME & Python
- FME & Reporting
- FME & Automations/ Self-Service
IMGS Training Resources
Web Data & Reporting Workflows
One of the most popular recent enhancements in FME, is the ability to push out data in a friendly styled format like word or excel. The new transformers let you style and output your data for Word Pages, excel sheets and powerpoint Slides. This webinar will provide you with an overview of the Word reporting features and a live demo to showcase the tool.
What’s New FME 2020
This webinar is a chance to see what’s new in the 2020 release of FME Desktop and Server.
Triggering FME with your Database
It is possible to trigger both FME Desktop and Server when there has been a change made to your database, learn how here.
Building Web Applications with FME
This webinar explains the new FME Server Apps that were introduced in FME 2019, and how you can use these to easily make Workspaces available across your organisation, aiding in the self-service of data and making use of FME’s reporting capabilities.